Engagement photo shoots are a great way to get used to being in front of a camera and for the couple and the photographer to get to know each other a little better before the big day. The shoot should be a fun, relaxed atmosphere where you and your partner show how much you love each other. These photos can be used for your save the date mailers, wedding programs or your invitations so you want to look your best. Below are a few tips that you should consider.
- Make sure to choose your outfits a few nights before the photo shoot so there is less stress trying to figure out what to wear the day of.
- What you wear should match the season and location.
- Go for a timeless look rather than a trendy look. Timeless is just that, it looks good today as it will years from now.
- Consider bold colors as they tend to pop in photos.
- You want to make sure you are feeling confident so be yourself in your personal style. Feeling good and confident will reflect in your photos.
When choosing your outfits, you want to complement each other without over matching.
- Add an Accessory like your favorite sunglasses or a beautiful necklace.
- Add a prop – have fun with a prop like a custom sign, balloons, engaged banner, etc.
What Not to do:
- Don’t forget your Engagement Ring!
Keep in mind these are suggestions, but the day belongs to you and your partner. You can be as dressed up as you want or as casual as you want, its up to you. Have fun and show everyone how much in love you both are.